In September 2019 we launched our Content Design Academy. 18 students had the chance to work on the content for a charity website – from initial discovery to producing publishable content.
Last year we were excited to work with Action Duchenne.
To have a world where lives are no longer limited by Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
They had 3 overall core objectives to deliver their work:
- developing effective treatments for all by funding research, educating clinicians and researchers, supporting clinical trials and campaigning for access.
- building a community by uniting families, educating about Duchenne and raising the profile of the condition to a wider audience.
- striving for a more inclusive society by promoting the importance of human equality, day to day acceptance of disability and accessibility.
If you’d like to be considered next time, please see below.
Considerations for the charity
To partner with us, you’ll need to:
- be small (turnover less than £1m a year)
- have some user research
- be available for 6 of the 12 sessions, including the first and last session
- let us talk/blog/communicate about the process (forever)
- give an interview for our marketing purposes
- publish the provided content
There will be no cost to you apart from travel and some time investment.
What you will get out of the academy
At the end of the project you will get evidenced, accessible and user-centred content to publish.
You will have seen the process and understand the decisions and why they were made. Our content designers will have to explain it to you in a persuasive manner.
You’ll be updated at each stage – just like a a client on a real-life project. Ideally, we would like you to attend around 4 sessions.
How to apply
We might get back to you with some questions.
What happens next
- Once we have chosen a charity, we will let you know.
- We will write to all students who registered an interest and ask them if this is a subject they would like to work on.
- Students can apply on a first come first serve basis.
- Once we have filled the course, we will send you a detailed outline what will happen over the 12 weeks and when we will need your time.
- You attend 4 sessions, the first and last and 2 other sessions we agree on.